Skip to main content

Rehearsal no 1

For my first rehearsal I explained my idea to my dancers and showed them the music which I have chosen. 

I them set them a creative task which looked at emotions and feelings through movement. 

I called out 5 different negitive feelings which people have experienced this year due to all the current events which have happened. They picked a movement or phrase which they personally connected with the word, we discussed why they chose it and how it made them feel.  

These words were; 

Isolated 

Loss 

Fear

Anger 

Pained 

https://youtu.be/LN_cDgSU3Zo 

https://youtu.be/eXWZUKwWQ3k 







Once they chose their movement they worked together creating a motif socially distanced using counteraction which we looked at last week. 



Next we looked at the positive feelings and emotions 

These words were:

Hope 

Community 

Supported 

Happiness

Free 

Joy 

They then did the same and created a motif together using each others movement and counteraction presenting these emotions with movement. 

Later in the process of creating, we will come back to this material and develop it and explore how we can put it into the piece to represent my topic. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rehearsal no. 3: 6th November

 In todays rehearsal we spent time working on the beginning of the dance.  I firstly taught them both some of my material for them to perform on diagonal facing each other. This phrase is to reflect the different events which have occurred this year such as the fires and covid19.  Once I taught them this we then went back to the begining and they came up with 5 movements to suggest negative emotions and feelings. I set this to the music adding in their motif which they created a couple of weeks ago using the idea of counterpoint.  I then gave them a sheet of paper to draw out their pathway as they enter on the stage using the shapes and lines of 2020 as inspiration. With moments where they cross we added in a movement such as hands over mouth to symbolise masks and 2 metres apart.  To finish we filmed it with the music.  Next rehearsal I am going to teach them some material in middle and the end and then combine it all.  Heres video we have so far of the material.  https://youtu.be/as1

My Idea for my choreography

 For this years choreography, I will be exploring the idea of "choose hope and find joy'.  This is something that is necessary this year due to all the current event which everyone has experienced in 2020.  Everyone wanted 2020 to be "their year", being more ambitious, making memories with friends and families, enjoying holidays, festivals, concerts and setting new goals. However, this couldn't be further from what we have all experienced in the last 10 months. Living through a global pandemic has brought fear, pain, loss isolation and major financial problems. We have also seen destructive wildfires at the bringing of the year in Australia, killing thousands of habitats and animals and destroying peoples homes. There has also been the Beirut Explosion leaving people homeless and injuring thousands. The death of George Flyod and the Back Live Matter shocked everyone around the world causing people to stand up and vocally speak about the racial issues that black p

My First Post!

 Hello welcome to my BBE603 Creative Choreographer Blog. On this platform I will be uploading my journey from the research to rehearsal process which will be documented on here.